7/23/10

Short story of my Space A trip.........

In June I tried to catch a space A flight to Seatle. It would be the first time in two years since the family would be there (she wants me to correct her grammar, but i have no idea what she was trying to say there). Kelly refused to go for several reasons. One he didn't want to deal with space A (Correct) and two if he was going somewhere it was Australia, New Zealand or somewhere exotic like that (she forgot about FIJI... Why would she want to go to IDAHO when she could go to FIJI) . I on the other hand wanted to see family in Idaho, Plus I would get to walk into WAL-MART (All i can do is shake my head.... FIJI or wal-mart..... I dont need a scientific calculator to do the math on that one) . I didn't get on the flight so I cried for awhile (3 days), called family and told them I wasn't coming after months of planning. They wanted me to try again but July 4th was the week after and no flights were going so I was done so I thought. So Amanda and her kids were trying to go to Hawaii to surprise Kevin. Kelly was helping them out and in the process found me a flight home so we thought. Well to make a long story short their was an Allen lady that hates me and four other people and so we didn't get out. The Major in charge of the flight apologized and tried really hard to get me on but it didn't work.
The next day was a flight to Travis that Amanda, her kids and I was all going to get on, they would find another flight to Hawaii and I would catch a flight to Salt Lake.

Brittany, Hunter, Me and Mike were all going crazy when we finally got our tickets.

Mike was jumping up and down. (he was actually really happy cause i didnt give him a swirly in the nasty airport bathroom-although he deserved it)

Hunter wasn't far behind him.

We were waiting to load the bus when they said the Navy had cargo and passengers had to wait for the next one. It was actually a good thing for Amanda and the kids because of the way their EML orders were written they would have been stuck in Travis.

Well June 23rd I didn't get called. July 16th I got called but "Allen" wouldn't let me on and then July 17th they canceled the flight to passengers for cargo. I started to laugh and then was joking with others about how everyday we have made it further and maybe we should try again tomorrow. We decided the worst thing that could happen was we would get in the air, they would have mechanical problems and we would turn around and go back to Okinawa. (What she doesnt mention is that while she is sitting in the terminal dead set on going to Wal- Mart.... still shaking my head....... 4 flights left empy to Phillipines, Singapore, Thailand, and Korea and some of those places Might have a Wal-mart, for those of you that are of the White trash persuasion).

Well I finally got on a C-5 headed to Travis Air Base. It was a really loud plane and when you start the plane and land the plane they have this dry ice that helps give ventilation to the passengers.
We had an overnight lay over in Yokota, Japan and the next day while waiting on the no AC bus to load they came on and said the plane had mechanical problems and only 19 of the 70 passengers could go on. (sniff sniff) Well I tried for four more day to get out, finally gave up had Kelly find me a flight back home. It was great to land in Okinawa and see Bambi, Rich and the kids all happy to see me. The kids screamed and were asking lots of questions on the ride home. I was also excited to see the two butt munches and have great water pressure. The best thing of the whole day was seeing my husband when he got home. AWESOME!

At first I was a little bummed that I didn't make it home but I did make some new friends and had an experience of a life time. Thank you Lindsay, Tonya and Beth for all you did for me with this crazy venture we made.

Kelly-1 Walmart- 0

Suck it wally world!

1 comment:

Ande said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard right now. You guys are hilarious. Sorry that you didn't get to go, I didn't know you were flying on a C5(Tom used to fix those at Travis) would have told you that you prob wouldn't make it out. Maybe you can do with me and the kids this fall. :)