7/22/10

Long story about my Space A trip.

I'm going to tell you the long drawn out story of a Space A trip I took.

Kelly found a flight going to March Air Base (so she would leave and stop bugging me about it) that gave me a good chance of going home. I called Carly to see if she could come get me from March and drop me off at the airport. I called Becky to see if she could get me from Salt Lake Airport and then Debanie to see if she would come get me as to surprise my family. There was a family reunion and I wanted to surprise them all at.

I went home packed my suitcase and the next morning Kelly took me (against my will) to the airport, got me checked in and then Kelly drove about 30 minutes one way to pick up a ticket for me from March to Salt Lake. The Major that was over this flight came in (After i called him), had them open 70 seats and told the People at the counter that I was to get on the flight. I thought it was smooth sailing from there. I thought WRONG!

I got called for check in, was standing in line for my ticket when this CRAZY Allen person decided to close the flight and not let the last four of us on. We all started argued with her when she some how disappeared and was spotted behind some vending machines in the back. (What a chicken.) (that was fayette calling her names, i have more class than that so i just sent a few emails to her supervisors and got her in trouble) When she finally came back up she said the flight was going to miss its departure time and she had no choice but to close it. TOTAL LIAR! The flight left 2 hrs after that with 20 empty seats...... 1st they put half a family on, wouldn't let the other half on. That meant the family on had to get off and the luggage had to be unloaded. That was at least 45 minutes to an hour. 2nd the last family booked made it on without luggage so they had to get off with their luggage and that was another hour. So after getting nowhere with this B#&@% we figured it was time to give up and move ourselves outside. I called Kelly in tears, asked him to come get me and then told him what happened (which she should have done immediately and i could have fixed it).

He called the Major and with in 3 minutes the Major was there to fix it all but unfortunately it was too late and the plane was taxi'ing. He came out, apologized to all of us, and then went back in to find out more on what really happen since we where told the flight would be late when he knew the flight was already late. I was so pissed off that I was crying shaking and was cussing up a storm, inside. The major apologized again and drove back to the office. He called Kelly a few hours later about a few flights and apologizing for B#&@% attitude.

I wasn't going to try again but I heard "Allen" wasn't working Mondays, Tuesday or Wednesday so I thought I might get somewhere, and I did. On a flight to Travis Air Base this time I got my ticket, was sitting in the back waiting to load the plan. After about an hour or so a military dude came in and told us the Navy had cargo that needed to go so we got booted. (That's the real reason for a flight canceled.) Everyone on the flight was laughing. It was just not our day.

Well lets recap: June 3rd I didn't get called. July 16th I got called but "Allen" wouldn't let me on and then July 17th they canceled the flight to passengers for cargo. I started to laugh and then was joking with others about how everyday we have made it further and maybe we should try again tomorrow. We decided the worst thing that could happen was we would get in the air, they would have mechanical problems and we would turn around and go back to Okinawa.

Well Monday July 19th, Their was a flight from Kadena to Travis Air Base. YES, I was excited! The scheduled an overnight in Yokota Japan, a few hour lay off Elmendorf Alaska Air base and final destination Travis Air Base, California. We got to Yokota, spent the night, and then was waiting on the AC bus to load the plane. I thought there was no way anything could go wrong so I sent a text to Debanie telling her the plan just as I hit send they came on the bus and told us there was mechanical problems and only 19 out of the 70 could continue on. I got off called Kelly again told him what happen, he called the hotel back, reserved me a room. Three of us went in together and rented a car. We drove back to the hotel, rechecked into our rooms and went to get something to eat. (OK NOOOO, what happened was she called me and begged me to call the hotel and make reservations for her and 4 of her friends who i didnt know from adam, and had to sweet talk the consierge into letting me make the reservation, THEN she called me every 5 minutes for an hour asking for more money and didnt tell me what it was for- NOW i know i didnt get my car insurance and had to eat rice for 4 days because because she rented a car in Mainland japan... Thanks dear)

After four days of back and fourth to the airport calling Kelly wanting the flight schedule and hotel reservation. I finally gave up getting out, did my last call to Kelly for reservation and had a friend take me too the Navy base of where I got a flight to Okinawa with some big wigs. (Your welcome) I was so excited to be back with a family of smiling faces and cheers to see me, two dogs that wouldn't leave me alone and high pressure running water. After I was all cleaned up and relaxed my biggest pleasure of all was to see a loving husband who helped me threw the whole thing and was just as tired as I was. (Well I'm sure a lot more.)

(Actually i wasnt excited at all, I was hoping she would make it to the states where she couldnt call me ever 5 minutes asking for more money cause she spent everything she had so fast.....and so she would stop whining about going home.

And i want it publicly known that i have informed her that if she wants to try again i am NOT Calling every terminal in the pacific and Calling every favor i have- she is on her OWN!!!

So kids here is the moral of the story........ When your husband tells you that he refuses to go home because traveling that far is a nightmare, and space-A is not a cheap ticket back to the states but instead is a one way trip to hell - TAKE HIS WORD FOR IT!!!!)

No comments: