4/18/11

Grandma June.......

Dear Grandma June,
Mom turned 70 this year and as you can see she looks amazing. I flew in from Japan which was suppose to be a surprise but that didn't happen, but i did get to spend time in Chicago to see Becky's family. Her and Mike have done a wonderful job raising they're kids, I wish i could have spent more time there. After a few days I went to Salt Lake where Aunt Patsy picked me up from the airport and drove me to Pocatello so we could go to a Relief Society activity where they thanked mom for serving as the President. I know she had days where she wanted to quit, but she never actually would have, and She served there for a very long time and touched many peoples life. She really did show the ward that she loved and cared about everyone, Whether they were active, inactive or anything in between.
The next day Aunt Patsy went with mom to get hair and nails done, but if Wiley would have been their he would have said she looks beautiful just the way she is and I have to agree. All the kids threw mom a "surprise" party but she found out anyway so it wasnt much of a surprise. Mom gets nervous because she doesn't like to be center of attention but once it got started she seemed to really enjoyed herself. She said the party was really nice and we had pictures taken of all the guests with her, and a slide show played pictures from her childhood. She was really excited about how many people came. She even had her grandchildren running around with cousins, it wouldn't be a party for mom if there was no grandchildren around.
Grandma, I wish I would have been able to meet you when I was little but I'll see ya in Heaven some day. I wanted to tell you "THANK YOU" for raising your family the way you did. Each and everyone of them are a great example to me. They have a very strong love for the gospel and have taught us to turn to the lord both in good time and bad. I know our Heavenly Father loves each and everyone of us But I believe he had a special place in mind for us because we got her.
Mom taught us to love the gospel with all our heart, might, mind and strength. She set an example for us to go on missions and share the gospel. She taught us services, the value of hard work and saving money. She showed us the blessing of paying a true tithing. She set an example of how to love and help little children so they can turn to him.
I have had many struggles in life, she has set an amazing example of what I need to do to stay close to my Heavenly Father. She has showed me how to be a great parent when the opportunity come. I know I use to cause trouble with my siblings but with mom's love and support we are all very close. Mom always told us when we were little she wanted to have 25 grandchildren, I guess if Becky and Mile have 7 more, Kelly and I have our 3, then mom could have her 25. When Kelly and I got married he said he wanted 12 kids but I had to put a stop to that and said three is perfect. I love having children around but I really enjoy the time when I can send them home.
Again thank you for raising such a wonderful family. They have touched so many people on this earth and I know there is lots more to come. I love you very much and can't wait to see you in the here after.
Love,
Your Granddaughter
Fayette Foote.

1 comment:

patsy said...

thanks for writing to mom. I feel like she has read it. Patsy