2/16/11
Precious
Some of you have heard or seen pictures of our dog Precious. When we go her she was found in the middle of a busy intersection. We adopted her and feel head over heels in love with her. She was CB's BFF for years and been there through many deployments. Just this last year she started having trouble with her back legs. The vet out in town put her on steroids for a few months and she did really good until they wore off. We deiced to just see if she could get better with time, she had some good and bad days but was happy and loved to see us. We took her to a vet on base, they did $600 worth of test and all they found was her throat closed in the middles and was making eating hard. "I could have told you that, We had to clean up the mess." About 5 months ago she lost walking ability in her back legs and was getting really good with her front legs. Then about two months ago her front legs started going out. She couldn't walk to her own food, she had a hard time keeping her bottom up to poop, and was losing weight fast. We knew it was time for her to go. While we were at the vets she was so happy, we thought about taking her home and forget it all. Well, all we would have done is making her suffer longer and that wasn't fair to her. On February 10th 2010 at 5:15 Precious was finally put to sleep. It was the hardest thing to see, one minute I'm holding her and the next minute the doctor is telling us she gone. I cry so much about losing her. I have looked at other days for a friend for CB but I can't do it yet so instead I just take CB every where I go. "Yes, EVERYWHERE." She will be totally missed by everyone who knew her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm so sorry. I am glad her last minutes were happy and that she had such a full life. I'm so glad she was loved. I cried. I hope your heart feels better soon.
Post a Comment